weepy g’byes and many new norms

So I’m here in beautiful Fayetteville, Arkansas. It’s pretty, it’s clean and the people are friendly. Many have discovered this and so it is crowded, lots of traffic.

I wanted to post this at the beginning of the week, staying consistent. But that didn’t happen. It’s been a whirlwind (ad)venture since Monday. Well, since we left Saturday. The 2-day trip was enjoyable, emotional and exciting. Sunday we needed to shop a bit and again Monday morning…making sure my sleepy time was going to be comfy (and it is!)

Monday at 1:00 I began eval’s, exams and x-rays. My Autonomic Nervous System Regulation scan and my Static EMG scan were both enlightening though not surprising. I had never seen results on scans like those to help me both understand and comprehend why my body had decided to defy me so radically. Some thing, most likely many things, brought their junk to the table of my life. Dr. Katinka contemplates and, along with her staff, will work hard to uncover and discover what is making me tick…or not tick!

After Dr. Katinka worked on (affectionately referred to as ‘mashed’) my vagus nerve, I was handed my schedule for the week. Next was my ARP consult where Jeana took some pics of my hands and feet, video of me walking, asked me questions and told me what to expect with her each day…then handed me a list of the amounts of fats, proteins and carbs I needed to cram into my mouth every day prior to and after ARPWAVE. What the? Look I just lost 20# and did not eat like this…ever! So I did began to panic a bit. Professional athletes use this treatment and if you don’t eat like this and drink 32 oz of water both before and after, it will ‘hurt’ more during ARP.

Yesterday started out with the first of three visits to Dr. K’s table for a gentle mashing. (actually the 2nd time she came to me while I was in microcurrent treatment) Microcurrent was kinda fun cuz you’re in there with a few others getting treatment and our therapist is a sweetheart. By then it was noon and I’d had micro for almost 2 1/2 hours.

While in there Kevin kept bringing me food – and not cuz I was starvingl! I began to really stress out with trying to count all of these numbers (some recommended I use an App while others didn’t find it helpful) I never much cared about before since I just hadn’t felt like eating enough to make a difference…for a long time now. I was also stressing about getting Kevin to the airport and be back in time for my 3:00 Dr K mashing! There was the chance that I could be hurting a little more with all this activity my body is not used to (my old norm) or be too tired, etc., and with the airport 35-40 min away, my friend, Nancy, as well as two very sweet girls from Sweden offered to take him for me. I said no cuz I wanted every last minute with him (alone). We all had fun with that fact and it lightened the moments I was having. By the way, rather than being sluggish and having level 10 acute pain, I was already experiencing a level or two less and feeling energetic and a bit euphoric, like I could conquer…some thing! So we headed to the local healthy grocer to stock me up on some yummy things. I felt pretty good driving back to the clinic, but not becuz I’d just left my hubby to fly home. That was not easy. It also marked a new temporary norm for me.

ARP was painful and intense. I’m not gonna lie. Nancy was there with me and along with Jeana, we were able to laugh thru some of it! It hurt becuz of what it is doing for me, not for lack of eating. By then my stomach felt like I’d eaten rocks at some point. So there are goals to reach and along the way it is opening up pathways that are, obviously, not open…causing discomfort. So when it gets to level 10 pain, the current is tuned back a bit and I was told to point my toes toward me, breath deeply (are you kidding me, I’m a shallow or a no-breather with pain), AND report where I’m feeling what and the intensity level. It was laughable how I struggled with this attempt at coordination. At that time of day, I’m usually brain foggy, sluggish and just plain fatigued! But I did it, yayyy, and I’m ready for round 2 today at 4:00. After my Dr K mash and a foot bath.

This morning was light work…an adjustment and blood work. Nancy insisted on taking me to save on my arms and hands. (I did sleep well last night, awake only from 4 – 5:30, another yayyy!) Then we came home to rest AND EAT MORE FOOD. I should be napping and there’s a nice rainstorm happening right now, but I really wanted to get my family and friends updated on here. I appreciate those of you interested and following me, especially if you are considering The Neurologic Relief Center for yourself or family.

Oh, yeah, I’m also ‘wearing’ a PRS (Personal Recovery System) ARPWave unit. I could/should wear it 24/7 but I did take it off last night to not deal with the wires and hopefully sleep better in that sense. Right now it’s on my left arm and I’m loving the positive effects!

I’m blessed and I’m very thankful this week and I’m treadin’ on higher places! (Habakkuk 3:19)

Thanks for listening, friends. You are in my prayers.

About treadin' on high

I have made some very bad choices in my lifetime and those choices took me to some places I had no business going. In January of '94, I became a new creature in Christ. And I have learned no matter what I'm going thru, as long as it is God's will, it's far better than one second of my own! He has a plan and I desire more than anything to be a part of it. I am.....always seeking truth!
This entry was posted in inspiration, my healthy journey, pain, spirituality, thoughts, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s